Serve these tasty Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks with a rice and vegetable pilaf or fries and sliced fresh tomatoes. These are easy to prepare and bake, perfect for an everyday family meal.
I used shredded Parmesan cheese in the recipe, but a good quality fresh grated Parmesan would be delicious as well.
Don’t have fine dry bread crumbs? They’re easy to make with sliced bread! See the tips and variations
- Makes: 16 servings
- Serving Size: 1 drumstick each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 4
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Snipped fresh oregano (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two large shallow baking pans with foil and grease; set aside. In a small bowl combine egg product and milk. In a shallow dish combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
- Dip chicken drumsticks into egg mixture; coat with crumb mixture. Arrange drumsticks in prepared baking pans, making sure pieces do not touch. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (180 degrees F for drumsticks). Do not turn chicken pieces during baking. If desired, sprinkle with fresh oregano and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 16
PER SERVING: 185 cal., 8 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 103 mg chol., 255 mg sodium, 4 g carb. (1 g sugars), 22 g pro.