The Cheesecake Factory has some of the best food in the country. According to Wikipedia, they operate over 160 restaurants in the United States. I personally have dined at the there several times, and it is one of my favorite restaurants. They have some of the finest recipes in the country. If you are thinking about making a visit, here are five recipes you should consider ordering on your visit.
My first recommendation is the Louisiana Chicken Drumsticks and Tomatoes .I know that a louisiana chicken recipe doesn’t sound like an original idea, but you need to trust me on this one. If you like chicken, and you like pasta, you need to order this delicious entrée. The official website describes this menu item as follows: “Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets Served Over Pasta Tossed with Mushrooms, Peppers and Onions in a Spicy New Orleans Style Sauce.” The spicy New Orleans Style Sauce made all the difference for me. The sauce isn’t as spicy as you might think, so don’t be scared away from this dish if you don’t like spicy food.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 2 drumsticks, 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup noodles
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 8
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can no salt added stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen cut okra
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce, such as Frank’s®
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked whole grain noodles
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Brown chicken on all sides, about 6 minutes, turning occasionally. Top with stewed tomatoes, okra, dried thyme, 1 tablespoon of the hot sauce, the salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Place the chicken pieces on a serving platter. Stir the remaining hot sauce into skillet and spoon sauce over all. Serve with noodles. Makes 4 servings (2 drumsticks, 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup noodles).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 190 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 95 mg chol., 500 mg sodium, 8 g carb. (3 g fiber, 5 g sugars), 27 g pro.