Buffalo chicken Salad is packed into this irresistible, healthy salad. But unlike chicken wings, you can eat a big serving of this healthy Buffalo chicken salad recipe for just 291 calories.The other day I went to the grocery store, which is basically like every other day of my life.
I mean, I’m now friends with the guy who stands in the doorway and greets shoppers because I am not exaggerating when I say “every other day of my life.” It’s a problem. Anyway, I was at my home away from home to grab a few essentials for my children. You see, I’d been eating some weird things as part of my low carb diet for a few days and my kiddos were getting really tired of me telling them to make themselves a can of soup or a PB&J for dinner. So, I did this thing that I pretty much never do.
I filled my cart with…dinners? Meals? I don’t know what you call what was in my cart, but it wasn’t ingredients. I normally fill my cart with ingredients – fresh produce, meat, and yeah, totally a few packaged items. I mean, I’m not grinding my own wheat over here. I usually don’t even bother making mac ‘n cheese for scratch unless it’s a special occasion or it’s my pressure cooker mac and cheese. You guys, I have made mashed potatoes from a boxed mix. I’m not saying I don’t buy convenience foods. I’m just saying that I don’t fill my cart with them. I don’t buy them always. Ya know?
- Makes: 1 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 13
- 1/2 of a heart of romaine, sliced
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce,* such as Wing Time® brand
- 1 21 – gram wedge light blue cheese, such as Laughing Cow® brand, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon bottled fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 4 sticks
- Arrange romaine on a plate or in a bowl. In a small microwave-safe bowl combine chopped chicken and wing sauce. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 40 to 50 seconds or until heated through. Spoon chicken mixture over romaine. Top with crumbled cheese and pepper. In a small bowl combine salad dressing and milk; drizzle over salad. Serve with celery sticks.
- *Test Kitchen Tip: Read the nutritional facts on the labels of the Buffalo wing sauces available at your grocery store and choose the sauce that’s lowest in sodium.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 1
PER SERVING: 297 cal., 10 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 99 mg chol., 596 mg sodium, 13 g carb. (3 g fiber, 4 g sugars), 37 g pro.
Fat (d.e): 0.5; Vegetables (d.e): 2.5; Lean Meat (d.e): 4.5;