Many people only believe that dieting is only for the people who are obese, and this is where they are wrong. There are so many kinds of diets, from diet to reduce the amount of weight to the diet that increases the amount of weight. In other words, diet only exists for its specific purposes. Now, if you want to stay healthy, may be you need to learn how our ancestor lived hundred thousand years ago. If you want to know how they live, you can start by joining thousands of people who undergo the Paleo diet lifestyle. What is Paleo diet lifestyle and how can it benefit you? We are going to talk about it now in this brief yet informative article!
What it means by Paleo diet lifestyle
Paleo diet is a new kind of diet that is invented by a professor named Loren Cordain. He invented the Paleo diet lifestyle because the way we have been living our life becomes far away, from what we used to do. For example, thousand years ago, the body of the people was very muscular, and there was no person in that period who got obese. The secret behind this is because they always moved from one place to another place, meaning that they always did some exercises. Additionally, which is the most important from the paleo lifestyle, is the food. The food that our ancestor ate is totally different from what we have now.
Back then, there was no genetically enhanced or chemically enhanced food, and this is one of the reasons why many people who lived at that very era did not have any excessive fats in their body. Some people may argue that if the life span of our ancestor is shorter than that of ours, why do we need to copy the way they lived? The answer is because today we do not have to hunt and risk our life to get our food.
The food that people who are in Paleo diet lifestyle eat is the food that is free from additional substance added in the food. For example, if you want to eat vegetables, then you have to make sure that the vegetables that you eat is organic and free from any chemical substance.
Living with Paleo diet lifestyle may seem difficult at first. However, because we can free our body from those bad substances, our body becomes healthier and healthier.
What kind of food that Paleo diet lifestyle eats
1- Creamy Succotash Soup
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 1/2cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 45
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui) (1 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 – ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup 1-inch pieces fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- In a large nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrot, onion, and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, lima beans, and dried dill (if using). Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and corn. Return to boiling. Cook, covered, for 1 minute. In a large screw-top jar, combine 1 cup of the evaporated milk and the flour. Cover and shake until smooth. Add to soup along with the remaining 1 cup evaporated milk and the snipped fresh dill (if using). Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute more. If desired, garnish each serving with fresh dill sprigs. Makes 4 (about 1-1/2 cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 269 cal., 3 g total fat 5 mg chol., 591 mg sodium, 45 g carb. (6 g fiber, 19 g sugars), 17 g pro.
Starch (d.e): 2.5; Vegetables (d.e): 1; Lean Meat (d.e): 1;
Considering Paleo Diet? Here are some of the main Paleo diet health benefits
As our body gets used to be exposed to food that has been altered chemically or genetically, our body becomes too dependent on that kind of food. Some of you may this “addiction” is good because the price of genetically and chemically enhanced food is very cheap, and it can be bought in most of the markets in the world. However, as we are exposed to the chemical substances in those foods and the non-pure genetic inside the food, our body does not get what it really needs: a pure food that is not enhanced in anyway. This is why some people begin to start Paleo Diet, a diet that requires us to eat what we supposed to eat as a human by referring back to millions years ago. So, what are the Paleo diet health benefits?
2- Hearty Pork-Beer Stew
- Makes: 8 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 27
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 small green apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 12 – ounce can beer or 1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 large roma tomatoes, cut up
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 3/4-inch pieces. Lightly coat large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add meat; cook and stir until meat is brown. Set aside.
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine sweet potato, parsnip, apple, onion. Add meat. Whisk together broth, brown sugar, mustard, thyme, garlic and crushed red pepper. Pour over meat along with the beer.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Stir in tomato. Makes 8 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 209 cal., 4 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 37 mg chol., 471 mg sodium, 27 g carb. (5 g fiber, 12 g sugars), 14 g pro.
Starch (d.e): 1; Other Carb (d.e): 0.5; Lean Meat (d.e): 1.5; Vegetables (d.e): 1
Having healthy cells is only one of the Paleo diet health benefits that you can get
Our cells are the tiniest component of our body. However, they play a very big role to our health. If you keep damaging your cells by eating genetically and chemically enhanced foods, then the cells in your body will become unhealthy, which in turn, will make your body become unhealthy as well. So, how having the Paleo diet will give you the Paleo diet health benefits for your cells?
As you might have known before, every cell in a human body is made from saturated and unsaturated fat. From where our body get the fats needed to make the cells? Yes! From foods that we eat every day! Thus, the fat that we consume from our diet style will contribute so much to the making of every cell in our body. Thus, by having a paleo diet which requires us to eat some healthy, fresh, and pure food, your cell will be healthier than before.
Healthy brain: Another example of Paleo diet health benefits
Among the various healthy food sources suggested by the Paleo Diet is the cold water wish, such as salmon that have been caught in wild. The salmon that is caught in its wild means that the fish is not yet exposed to chemical exposure or enhancement, making everything that you eat from the salmon will contribute to your Paleo diet health benefits, and one of them is the best source of natural protein. The omega 3 fatty acids in the salmon is the source of healthy brain as it contains DHA, a substance that will enhance your brain function.
Put these vegetables and meat into your Paleo diet grocery list
Being healthy is not easy and there have been many people who want to stay healthy by having a lot of kinds of diet. There is no perfect diet, based on a website I stumbled upon when writing this article, and it seems that what it says about the fact that there is no perfect diet that can cover all of your need is totally true. One diet is only for one specific purpose only. However, it seems that these days people are interested in one particular diet called as Paleo Diet, which is develop by Loren Cordain. Many people, and Cordain, believe that this kind of diet is what kind of diet that we, human, are supposed to do. Are you interested in having this diet? Let us take a look at the Paleo diet grocery list before you do this diet.
Let us see what kind of vegetables that you need to eat for Paleo diet grocery list
The vegetables in the Paleo diet grocery list is what makes most of the grocery list of this diet. This is due to the fact that some research states that we are actually an herbivore, not carnivore. You may argue about our “destiny” of being herbivore or carnivore later, and let us go back to what kind of vegetables that you need to chew if you want to be successful in this kind of diet.
Now, as Paelo Diet mimics what people ate thousands of years ago, in this kind of diet, you will only eat produces or vegetables that are in the season. Therefore, you should not eat some fruits or vegetables that are not produced in the season. In addition to that, if you have quite much money, you need to go organic because at that time, there was nothing such as pesticide. Depending on where you live or when you live, a great amount of spinach, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, and even cauliflower will be a good part of your vegetables for this kind of diet. As for your fruits, you can go with some berries or watermelon.
Now, let us become a carnivore for your Paleo Diet Grocery List
For sure, this kind of diet may put you in a bit trouble in the meat department because it asks you to feed on animals that is grass-fed. In a big city, this might be a problem, but if you live in a country side, you can eat some wild caught fish, and some fresh poultry products.